£43.63 - 43.63 per hour
about 1 month ago
Title: Creative UI Designer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate - up to £43.63/hr Ltd (which equals £33.56/hr PAYE rate) - Inside IR35
Creative UI Designer
This is a huge opportunity for passionate, driven and creative UI Designers to make their mark in a fresh and forward looking era where experience will define our next generation of products. This role is embedded at the core of the UI and Interior Design teams, creating in-car screen based content plus our virtual head-up displays, and goes further to influence our apps and cloud connected customer touchpoints.
You will be part of a team working on future UI for both of our luxury brands, at all stages in the creation and delivery process.
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- A good level of ability using Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint is also expected.
- A high quality portfolio exemplified with contemporary graphic design styles is an interview must, you may also be expected to produce a test piece of work if shortlisted.
Additional skills preferred:
- UI/UX development tools such as XD or Sketch plus 3D modelling and rendering and 3D animation skills (Maya or 3ds Max) are desirable but not essential
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Good spoken and written English language skills are also a must as is the ability to work well in a lively creative team environment.
- Additional skills in After Effects and Adobe XD are also desirable
All applicants must demonstrate:
- A hugely impressive, natural flare for creativity and on-trend "look and feel" in everything you do.
- The ability to create stand-out presentations and inspiration to communicate ideas. First impressions count; simplicity, refinement and confidence will really make applications stand out.
- A broad understanding of all things digital and interaction design, in a both automotive and consumer UX. The applicant must show deep routed passion and personal creations that demonstrate luxurious graphic designs, inspiring motion graphics, animated texts and UI layers, luxury web based platforms and apps. Digital motion design is as important to us as the layout and graphic design itself.
- An open-minded approach. You must be able to digest and integrate senior feedback as well as demonstrate a considered and confident approach to challenge and influence.
- Highly capable ability to create a fresh and modern look and feel to your work using a range of digital tools and software.
- Open to trying new tools, processes and ways of working.
- A passion and understanding for our great brands, and their iconic products.
Full UK driving licence ideal, though not essential.
An interest and knowledge of cars and the car industry would be advantageous as is a high level of interest in technology and interaction design.
Animations skills in After Effects or equivalent
Not essential but advantageous: App coding, App development.
A background and interest in UI and vehicle UI is desirable but not essential.
Degree in Graphic Design / Digital Design or equivalent
Additional Information: Inside IR35
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.