£38.60 - 38.60 per hour
about 2 months ago
A Creative UI Designer is required to join a team working with two of the most awarded and aspirational brands in the world.
This is a huge opportunity for passionate, driven and creative UI Designers to make their mark in a fresh and forward looking era where experience will define the next generation of products. This role is embedded at the core of the UI and Interior Design teams, creating in-car screen based content plus virtual head-up displays, and goes further to influence their apps and cloud connected customer touchpoints. You will be part of a team working on future UI for both luxury brands, at all stages in the creation and delivery process.
Responsible for leading the aesthetic design of the in-car displays Graphical User Interface (GUI). The position includes the development of future GUI design concepts, the development of a feasible theme, and the creation of graphical and animation masters.
Depending on the project and the scale of the task the position will require the candidate to lead or be part of the development team of the in-car display interfaces working closely with the Interior Design team and the Human Machine Interface team to deliver a Design that is highly creative, premium in execution, exquisitely detailed and highly functional in an automotive application.
The position requires the ability to deliver production quality masters for the full graphical interface and therefore exceptional graphical design and a keen eye for pixel perfect detail are essential.
High end layout, typography and being aware of current and future design trends are critical to the role.
Skills and Experience Required:
All applicants must demonstrate:
- A hugely impressive, natural flare for creativity and on-trend "look and feel" in everything you do.
- The ability to create stand-out presentations and inspiration to communicate ideas. First impressions count; simplicity, refinement and confidence will really make applications stand out.
- A broad understanding of all things digital and interaction design, in a both automotive and consumer UX. The applicant must show deep routed passion and personal creations that demonstrate luxurious graphic designs, inspiring motion graphics, animated texts and UI layers, luxury web based platforms and apps. Digital motion design is as important to us as the layout and graphic design itself.
- An open-minded approach. You must be able to digest and integrate senior feedback as well as demonstrate a considered and confident approach to challenge and influence.
- Highly capable ability to create a fresh and modern look and feel to your work using a range of digital tools and software. Open to trying new tools, processes and ways of working.
- Teamwork, drive, and personal leadership are all traits we are looking for as we look to build up our team and future-proof it. We`d love to see a pro-active and a self-starting professional attitude that enables you to work seamlessly, in any location, whether via video conferencing with UK and international partners, or simply within our world class studios in the heart of the UK.
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Additional useful skills: 3D CAD modelling, rendering and 3D animation skills (Maya or 3ds)
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years` experience of Digital Design.
- Full UK or European driving licence ideal though not essential.
- An interest and knowledge of cars and the car industry would be advantageous. You will have the opportunity to experience the cars we produce cars as well as many of our competitors.
Degree in Graphic Design / Digital Design or equivalent
Location: The position will be based at Gaydon and given current COVID-19 restrictions, working flexibly and remotely will naturally be embraced as a new way of working.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.