Cost Engineers / VA/VE Engineers
We are looking for a number of different level Cost Engineers / VA/VE Engineers to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
Engineering benchmarking and innovation sits within Value Engineering & Teardown (VE&T).
Our purpose is to provide sophisticated benchmarking services that:
- Determine how competitors engineer their cars to deliver their customer & brand experience;
- Pro-actively shares the learning across the business.
We do this by competitor vehicle benchmarking; value engineering, idea generation & innovation and programme application.
The opportunity is to join the team and take ownership of a product group (Body Interior; Body Exterior; Chassis or Powertrain). As an investigator, analyst, facilitator & coach you will enable your product group Technical Specialists to compile high value engineering system strategies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Completion of engineering explanations to explain how competitor vehicles are engineered to deliver brand, attribute and performance
- £average vehicle cost reduction idea generation to support margin improvement against targets for current and future vehicle programmes
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with the rest of the VE&T team and cross-functional teams to build a comprehensive understanding of competitor vehicles.
- Develop a schedule of interactions and workshops with your product group Technical Specialists to identify opportunities for improvement - engineering, technology process, systems etc.
- Application of value engineering and systematic innovation tools.
- Continual improvement of our tools & techniques to increase engagement; improve the conversion of idea to implementation and build the reputation of the department.
- Technical Specialists (product group; advanced product development; vehicle engineering/attributes; design)
- Product engineering teams & senior management
- Marketing; purchasing; manufacturing; logistics
- Chief Programme Directors and new model programme teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broad engineering and manufacturing awareness
- Consultative sales/coaching ability and experience
- Experienced and comfortable facilitating large groups
- Open minded idea generator - value engineering; systematic innovation
- Experience of engaging and then working across multiple projects and multi-functional teams
- Results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance, an individual who is able to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment
- A sophisticated communicator who is able to challenge constructively and communicate complex ideas in business language
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along.
- Brings passion, drives closure and overcomes obstacles in an empathetic and thoughtful way
- Strategic and operational, an individual who support strategic direction, but who can also work in the detail
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs. Able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.