Job title: Business Planning Engineer (Cost Downs & Future Planning)
Salary Range: £25.42 p/h
Seeking a Cost Transformation Lead Engineer to transform our cost structure to realise savings in operating and capital expenditure as well as in piece costs (including Cost per Hit).
- Manage a Cost Down Ideas Portfolio and Roadmap linked to the tooling and pressed parts department Scorecard and Company Vision.
- Lead projects to transform our cost structure to realise savings in operating and capital expenditure as well as in piece costs (including Cost per Hit).
- Forecast and plan manpower requirements during Business Plan period in relation to key programme and project demands.
- Be responsible for cost risk management and future sustainability planning
- Find ways to work smarter and more efficiently, to optimise output quality and to reduce operating costs and delivery lead-times.
- Forecast and track our Capital Investment Budget (CIB) and Strategic Budget (LEAP) and spend.
- Previous experience of budget forecasting, management and control
- Advanced knowledge of business transformational processes, systems, tools and techniques.
- Experience of planning and leading projects focused on process improvement achieving consistent delivery to defined targets.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a cross functional team.
- Strong MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) skill set and experience of Google tools, and ability to deliver presentations to work groups and senior management.
- Suitable applicants are likely to possess a relevant Degree, PhD or MBA although this is not essential if the individual can evidence the necessary capabilities.
- A basic understanding of manufacturing processes specifically relating to metal forming.
This is a 12 month contract position offering an hourly rate of up to £22.50 based at Gaydon with regular travel to each of our Press Shops (Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood) anticipated and as well as occasional overseas travel.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.