- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: June/July 2022 start
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61073
Cost Reduction Project Leader
Up to £40/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
May/June 2022 start
A Cost Reduction Project Leader opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Cost Reduction Project Leader will be the key communicator for multiple projects including Product and Process Development. This includes the interface with Suppliers, Purchasing, Engineering and any other relevant areas in the business and ensure early supplier collaboration on design, manufacturability, assembly, cost and quality.
This position is responsible for the planning and execution of all activities associated with project delivery including cost modelling and validation whilst adhering to all internal business processes and maximize cost reduction opportunities.
The primary focus of this position is the development of detailed component cost models and high level cost estimates in both the NPI and Current product arena. This position will also provide cost reports as necessary to support the assigned project and programs.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Typically requires bachelor degree
- Experienced 6Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Project Management Skills
- Teamcentre experience
- Requires an engineering, manufacturing or commercial background with a high level of product knowledge
- Good understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and change management
- Someone who can work well in a team with excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills and be able to present business cases to senior leaders within the business, good presentation skills, able to manage time well
- A proactive approach with good analytical skills and the ability to influence others to resolve conflict that may arise between processes, objectives, or solutions
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.