£30 per hour
about 1 month ago
Cost Reduction Leader
Up to £30.00 p/h (Umbrella)
Contract - 12 months
Seeking a Cost Reduction Leader to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Cost Production Leader will be the key communicator for multiple projects and interface with Suppliers, Purchasing, Engineering and any other relevant areas in the business, ensuring early supplier collaboration on design, manufacturability, assembly, cost and quality.
- Manage multiple moderate Cost Reduction component projects
- Lead cross functional project teams to determine the most appropriate course of action that best meets the business objective whilst balancing performance, quality, velocity, and cost.
- Lead the teams through the identification, evaluation and execution of cost reduction opportunities to meet Business Unit cost objectives.
- Leading these discussions and projects will be moderately difficult in nature due to the multiple "trade-offs" (negotiations / compromises) each area will need to make to achieve the quality and cost goals.
- Requires a proactive approach with good analytical skills and the ability to influence others to resolve conflict that may arise between processes, objectives or solutions.
- Interface with Suppliers and Purchasing to ensure early collaboration on design for Manufacturability, Assembly and Cost.
- Development, analysis, and documentation of cost information for new product development, design, cost improvement, make versus buy, and other special projects.
- Typical internal customers include purchasing, engineering, finance and product management.
- Own, maintain and refine one or more departmental process i.e. Fact Pack, LPP, Sourcing Council etc.
Key skills and experiences:
- Relevant engineering experience or a masters or doctorate degree.
- Engineering, manufacturing or commercial background with a high level of product knowledge.
- Technical or commercial background in a suitable environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Good understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and change management are also required.
- A good level of understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-known manufacturer and join a very supportive team.
- Travel will be required periodically.
- Flexible working arrangements available.
Interviews will be taking place via Teams.
Interested in the above opportunity? Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.