Cost Estimator / Engineer
This company based in Cranfield requires a Cost Estimator / Engineer with an understanding of all vehicle components, systems and the vehicle development processes for a new contract role.
As a Cost Estimator / Engineer your main objectives will be:
- Prepare cost reports daily, weekly and in line with project milestones.
- Validate the integrity of the data including bill of material, budget, quote, risk and opportunity.
- Highlight irregularities in the data and areas where action is required
- Gather missing data and request remedial actions.
- Liaise with engineers, buyers and manufacturing plants.
- Maintain best practice systems and processes for the regional business.
- Expert user and administrator for Development Cost Management System (DCMS) & Cost Data Warehouse (CDW).
As a Cost Estimator / Engineer you will be required to:
- Maintain existing reports.
- Develop & enhance Cost Management Reports, systems and processes.
- Transfer existing reports from excel, over to next generation data analytics and visualisations.
- Liaise with project Stakeholders to meet required deliverables & schedules
- Deploy training in systems and processes.
- Complete analysis of Cost management data on vehicle development projects for piece cost and tooling cost.
The Cost Estimator / Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally qualified with a Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Strong PC skills with: -
- BI Tools (Understanding)
- SQL (Understanding)
- VBA (Intermediate)
- Excel, (Essential Expert)
- PowerPoint (intermediate)
- Word (Basic)
- Understanding of Agile working principles
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of all vehicle components, systems and the vehicle development processes
- Innovative and flexible "can do" attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills, Team working.
- Self motivated to plan and action activities with other sites
- Disciplined to manage own schedule and conduct routine work on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and develop process improvement opportunities
- Languages: English - fluent, (Spanish or Russian would be an advantage but not essential)
If you have any questions about the Cost Estimator / Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship