A Cost Estimator is required with knowledge of automotive production procurement and technical engineering requirements. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
This company, a luxury automotive manufacturer based in Gaydon, Warwickshire requires a highly skilled and analytical Cost Estimator with Cost Engineering experience for a new 6-month contract.
As a Cost Engineer you will be required to:
- Conduct analysis to determine how much a component should cost to manufacture, then assisting with supplier negotiations.
- Analyse Quotation Analysis Forms (QAF) from suppliers for value for money, visiting suppliers to confirm the content of the QAF, looking for waste within supplier processes which could be minimised to reduce cost.
- Ensuring all cost targets that are set with external suppliers represent value for money.
The Cost Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Value Stream Mapping and Supplier Business Reviews, looking at ways to improve processes and the overall business model, and drive down costs.
- A Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business.
- A full driving license and a willingness to travel to sites and suppliers as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Cost Engineering and Cost Estimation to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon-based automotive company will offer you and hourly limited contractor rate of circa £26-28 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of cost down exercises in relation to automotive engineering components and supplier business reviews and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cost Estimator role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.