Cost Engineers / VA/VE Engineers
We are looking for a number of Cost Engineers / VA/VE Engineers to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
Cost Engineering is an exciting department that plays a key role in the business. It is driven by a passion to deliver profitable growth and by partnering the business in all our operational functions. As a Cost Engineer, you'll be part of a dynamic team focused on specific vehicle commodities. The role of Cost Engineering is to provide the business with robust, relevant and timely 'Should Cost' estimates and analysis. This will be relating to any part or assembly, supplied for use in the production the vehicles, be they current or future models. In your role you will be delivering 'should cost' estimates for a specific sub-set of parts, be providing insight and support to Advanced Engineering in the form of Value Engineering studies, as well as supporting the Purchase team in their negotiations with suppliers. You will also be identifying and supporting the implementation of opportunities to reduce costs and use this to influence relevant programmes and commodity directions.
You will need an in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and have a grasp of at least one or more of the following: machining, casting, forging, presswork, injection moulding, vehicle electronics, vehicle interiors or assembly. In addition, you'll also have a good all-round knowledge of standard computer programmes such as Excel. Basic financial skills would be an advantage in this role. Moreover, a capability of developing productive relationships with people at all levels of our organisation will be desirable.
- Technical Specialists (product group; advanced product development; vehicle engineering/attributes; design)
- Product engineering teams & senior management
- Marketing; purchasing; manufacturing; logistics
- Chief Programme Directors and new model programme teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broad engineering and manufacturing awareness
- Consultative sales/coaching ability and experience
- Experienced and comfortable facilitating large groups
- Open minded idea generator - value engineering; systematic innovation
- Experience of engaging and then working across multiple projects and multi-functional teams
- Results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance, an individual who is able to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment
- A sophisticated communicator who is able to challenge constructively and communicate complex ideas in business language
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along.
- Brings passion, drives closure and overcomes obstacles in an empathetic and thoughtful way
- Strategic and operational, an individual who support strategic direction, but who can also work in the detail
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs. Able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.