Cost Engineer - Tooling
Contract - Umbrella/PAYE
Great opportunity to join a team who identify, evaluate and deliver projects that will reduce material costs on all products within the Industrial Power System Division.
This role will cover the evaluation of Tooling costs for both Current Product and New Product Introduction (NPI) programmes to ensure value for money.
Within this role you will be empowered to use your technical expertise to drive the delivery of cost reductions in the supplier Tooling space and contribute significant value to the cost reduction targets set by the organisation
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in the assessment of supplier tooling costs and a strong foundation in a range of manufacturing processes.
The primary focus of this position is the analysis of tooling costs through the interrogation of supplier data or the creation of detailed Cost Models.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Extensive, demonstrated knowledge in the costs required to design and manufacture tooling used in the variety of casting and material forming processes as well as jigs and fixtures for post forming processes eg Machining, inspection etc
- Educated to a degree level or relevant work experience
- Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships to work across an internal matrix organization and external Supplier network.
- Analysing and interpreting numerical data and reaching sound judgements and recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.