£25 - £36 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job title: Cost Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £36.00 per hour LTD
A Cost Engineer has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The primary focus of this position is the development of detailed component cost models and high level cost estimates for existing parts, new parts and competitor parts. Cost models account for all costs drivers associated with the manufacture and supply of components.
The creation of models and estimates will involve the application of your existing manufacturing/engineering and product knowledge, or through detailed investigation of the desired process and technology. The completed analysis sets the baseline that will help identify cost reduction opportunities/projects for subsequent delivery through Strategic Cost Management or NPI teams.
This role covers both current and New Product Introduction (NPI) programmes.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in material cost management with a strong foundation in a range of manufacturing processes.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and commercial cost drivers.
- Experience of managing multiple projects.
- The ability to demonstrate cross functional team work.
- Analysing and interpreting numerical data and reaching sound judgments and recommendations.
- Driving License as travel will be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
Please contact James Tilley for details.