Cost Engineer - 6 Month Contract Role
Excellent rates of pay
We seek applications from individuals with a proven track-record of success within a Cost Engineering, Cost Control function. Individuals should have a broad Engineering knowledge, and preferable experience gained within the Automotive Industry.
Have you got experience with a Cost Engineering or Cost Control Function?
Do you have strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical solutions?
- Work with a Project Management Teams to understand what Scope of Work has been issued to suppliers
- Match the above SOW with what has been quoted and check for VFM, with an emphasis on looking for opportunities to reduce cost or delay the Design & Delivery spend
- Where suppliers have not had a scope of work, gain the requirements from the project management team and work with procurement to update the suppliers D&D quote based on that SOW
- Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications and identify D&D Cost Reduction opportunities - and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised.
- Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to the Automotive industry
- Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing, engineering or technology business
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels of an organisation
- Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers
- Understanding of legal regulations and contract setting would be desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
Interested? If you have the relevant experience and are looking for your next career move or simply seeking a new challenge, then apply directly or contact Emma directly on 01384 446187.