Job title: Cost Engineer
Salary Range: £45000 - £50000
Leading global manufacturer of rail systems.
A Cost Engineer is required to assist in component, system manufacturing cost reduction and transparency activities with knowledge of, and lead 'should cost' and cost data base creation. Candidates with experience of the Rail industry would be well received.
Due to business requirements, this new position within a leading manufacturer of rail systems based in Melksham requires an accomplished and meticulous Cost Engineer with manufacturing and engineering experience. As a Cost Engineer, you will be required to:
- Successfully challenge suppliers on manufacturing processes and associated costs.
- Contribute in cost base negotiations and savings potential.
- Creation and maintenance of a cost and know how database.
- Understand purchased items cost structures.
The Cost Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Relevant degree or master's degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years in manufacturing cost calculation and reduction.
- Rail industry or similar manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Machining and fabrication processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of costing manufacturing processes. In return for your experience, this Melksham based rail industry company will offer you:
- Salary £45000 to £50000 per annum
- Competitive benefits.
- Varied and challenging role.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience and knowledge of Engineering and manufacturing process particularly, machining and fabrication and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cost Engineer role, please contact Paul Broadhead at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 155.