An automotive interiors Cost Engineer is required with knowledge of VA/VE activities and automotive interiors. Candidates with experience of the automotive interiors industry would be well received.
Due to consistently increased demand this company, a first-tier supplier to the automotive industry based in Coventry requires a determined and assertive Cost Engineer with costing experience and up to date market knowledge for a new permanent role.
As a Cost Engineer you will be required to:
- Participate in cost reduction exercises, VA/VE/CTO and conduct product analysis and calculate cost reductions.
- Generate and maintain a commodity by commodity database with market driven cost drivers.
- Prepare estimates for tooling and component from initial design detail and create manufacturing process plans, for new and existing programs for automotive seating components.
The Cost Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of tool cost generation, cost drivers and price justification across multiple manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- HCN/HND in engineering or similar level qualification.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of automotive interiors to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry-based first-tier automotive company will offer you a competitive salary.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of the automotive interiors industry and strong technical English language skills and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cost Engineer role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.