A Cost Engineer is required with knowledge of automotive pressings, plastics machining and. Candidates with experience of the Automotive Body-in-White (BIW) and Interior Trim industry would be well received.
Due to expanding engineering and procurement requirements this company, a creative and vibrant global innovator based in Malmesbury requires an exceptional Cost Engineer with Automotive experience for a new permanent role.
As a Cost Engineer you will be required to:
- Build ground up "should-cost" estimates for new components, projects and assemblies.
- Use your experience and knowledge to influence product, assembly and component design to reduce cost where possible.
- Use your clarity of what makes up the product cost and what drives any variance to target at project review meetings, being prepared to answer questions and challenge others at these cross functional meetings where required.
The Cost Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Direct experience working with and a deep understanding of development, manufacturing, packaging and consumer products.
- Proven track record in working to tight timescales within a project programme, managing your budget and prioritising to deliver cost effective results.
- High aptitude for problem solving in order to resolve business, financial, customer and organizational issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge as a cost engineer, cost estimator, or perhaps a process engineer or technical automotive buyer, to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Malmesbury-based engineering and manufacturing company will offer you:
- A competitive, negotiable salary of up to circa £55,000 per annum.
- Profit related bonus, generous leave, life insurance, flexible working hours and a relaxed dress code.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Cost Engineering or Cost Estimation and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cost Engineer role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131, or by email .