An experienced Cost Engineer is required to join a blue chip product development company, who design state of the art products for global market.
The Cost Engineer will:
* Work with a number of PMT's to understand what Scope of Work has been issued to suppliers
* Match the above SOW with what has been quoted and check for VFM, with a emphasis on looking for opportunities to reduce cost or delay the D&D spend
* Where suppliers have not had a SOW, gain the SOW from the PMT and work with procurement to update the suppliers D&D quote based on that SOW
* Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify D&D Cost Reduction opportunities - and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised
You will need to have a proven track-record of success within a Cost Engineering, Cost Control function. Individuals should have a broad Engineering knowledge, and preferable experience gained within the Automotive Industry.
You will have:
* Substantial experience with a Cost Engineering or Cost Control Function
* Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to the Automotive industry
* Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing, engineering or technology business
* Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels of an organisation
* Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
* Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers
* Understanding of legal regulations and contract setting would be desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.