An experienced Cost Engineer is required to join a blue chip product development company, who design state of the art products for global market.
This is a new short term (6 month) specialist Cost Engineering role, reporting directly to the Senior Manager - Cost Engineering.
* Work with a number of PMT's to understand what Scope of Work has been issued to suppliers
* Looking for opportunities to reduce cost or delay the D&D spend
* Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify D&D Cost Reduction opportunities - and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
* We seek applications from individuals with a proven track-record of success within a Cost Engineering, Cost Control function. Individuals should have a broad Engineering knowledge, and preferable experience gained within the Automotive Industry.
* Substantial experience with a Cost Engineering or Cost Control Function
* Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to the Automotive industry
* Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing, engineering or technology business
* Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels of an organisation
* Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
* Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers
* Understanding of legal regulations and contract setting would be desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.