- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58712
Cost Engineer - JP00000384
PAYE £24.48 p/h PAYE
12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Generate cost reduction opportunities
- Gather, manipulate then interrogate cost data
- Analyse ideas from other vehicles and regions
- Find gaps by cost analysis and benchmarking
- Identify and promote ideas with high saving potential
- Manage cost Reduction idea sharing
- Develop a network of contacts to get new ideas
- Lead cross functional cost reduction projects
- Plan & organise events with clear structure and objectives
- Engage with affected business areas of Design, Purchasing, Manufacturing
- Follow up the development of opportunities
- Set milestones and clear reporting of achievement and pending actions
- Maintain best practice systems and processes for the regional business
- Assist engineers to find data to support cost reduction projects (volume/mix/logistics/Other Regions cost)
- Develop enhancements to systems and processes.
- Expert trainer for cost systems, processes and idea generation
Specific assignments include:
- Best Internal Reference (BIR) cross company project leader. Provide clear project planning for sections to follow. Monitor and communicate progress and results obtained.
- Localisation promotion, tracking and reconciliation with the purchasing function. Ensure alignment with purchasing activities and reporting. Highlight any areas of difference and what action is required for resolution.
- Centralised vendor tooling coordination for design functions to summarise the requirement for cost reduction projects. Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of requests for technical and financial approval. Ensure the quality of information prepared by design engineers, and timely submission for approval.
- Support for the Interiors design function in activities from idea generation, development progress, reporting and adoption into serial production.
- These specific activities may be adjusted by Nissan to meet the changing business demand
The Cost Reduction Promotion and Strategy function is in charge of planning and managing the lifecycle cost reduction business for all R&D projects in Europe including Russia.
The responsibilities include working with specialist design engineers to:
- Identify new cost reduction opportunities and support delivery of existing cost reduction projects.
- Provide expert support to the engineers regarding sources of data, systems and processes.
- To lead cost reduction projects at a company level supporting the central Promotion & Strategy function
Expert trainer for cost systems, processes and idea generation
Periodic remote working may be required in-line with Co. policy.
Infrequent national and international travel to may be required
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Ideally qualified with an engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of all vehicle components, systems and the vehicle development processes
- Specific knowledge of Interior Trim parts (inc. Cockpit module, Seating) would be an advantage but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of component manufacturing and cost drivers
- Confident, inquisitive and challenging mind-set to find opportunities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills with Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word are essential
- Self-motivated and disciplined to work diligently without close supervision, conduct routine work on time
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel if required
- Driving licence
- Languages: English - fluent
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.