Cost & Value Engineer - (Contract - 6 months)
5 day working week
Exciting opportunity for experienced Cost Engineer to join a well-known manufacturer of production line machines.
Due to significant global development planned over the next few years, our client is looking for an experienced Cost Engineer. You must have relevant experience in electrical, control systems and fabrication commodities as this will play a key role in the positioning of their exciting platform to optimise profits.
This is a brand new role that gives you an opportunity work on high-impact projects that will move the business forward.
- You will be responsible for the production, integrity and accuracy of detailed cost reports of products (platform).
- Deconstruct prices of key sub-systems and components to understand raw material costs, labour costs and margins in order to develop margin development strategies
- Drive and implement initiatives to bring products in compliance with target costs (sourcing strategy, value engineering, fabrication methods)
- Analyse estimates and forecast costs
- Assist with risk mitigation and dual sourcing strategies for strategic components.
If you an experienced Cost Engineer with an expert knowledge of purchasing & negotiating strategies in a global setting this role could be for you!
- A self starter with excellent communication skills & presentation skills at all levels.
- Experience in cost engineering in a large complex manufacturing environment
- Expert knowledge of purchasing & Negotiation strategies in a global setting
- Knowledge of cost models for commodities mentioned herein
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve targets and objectives within deadlines.
- Ability to use, manipulate and organise systems to obtain required data.
Interested? If you have the relevant experience and are looking for your next career move or simply seeking a new challenge, then apply directly or contact Emma directly on 01384 446187.