Job title: Cost Analyst
Salary Range: £25 to £35 per hour LTD
Location: Hullavington, Wiltshire, UK
A Cost Analyst opportunity has become available for our client, who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
The main purpose of the role is to analyse for Value for money (VFM) and control the cost of vender Design and Development investment.
You will join a cost engineering team, closely aligned with finance, that will focus on analysing the quoted vender design and development costs. This will cover checking rates for VFM, and content with Engineering, Program and Finance.
Cost Analyst key responsibilities:
- Work with PMT's to understand what Scope of Work has been issued to suppliers
- Match the above SOW with what has been quoted and check for VFM, with a emphasis on looking for opportunities to reduce cost or delay the D&D spend
- Where suppliers have not had a SOW, gain the SOW from the PMT and work with procurement to update the suppliers D&D quote based on that SOW
- Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify D&D Cost Reduction opportunities - and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised
- Check quoted rate against the agreed rate card
- Align costs against budget
- Agree D&D Phasing of costs again program milestones
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
We seek applications from individuals with a proven track-record of success within a Cost Engineering, Cost Control function. Individuals should have a broad Engineering knowledge, and preferable experience gained within the Automotive Industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to the Automotive industry
- Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing, engineering or technology business
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels of an organisation
- Manufacturing and Quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
Please contact James Tilley for more details
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.