£0.00 - £23.00 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Corporate Affairs & Smart Mobility Press Officer - 52426
£23.00 Ltd Co
A Corporate Affairs & Smart Mobility Press Officer is required with strong organisation and communication skills.
Our client a leading Automotive OEM based in Brentwood requires a Corporate Affairs & Smart Mobility Press Officer with excellent computer and Microsoft skills for a new contract role. As a Corporate Affairs & Smart Mobility Press Officer you will be responsible for:
- Addressing corporate, trade, business and financial news media issues as part of the corporate team and interacting with national, regional and specialist print, broadcast and web media. Subject headings include technology, manufacturing, vehicle sales and service, employment and diversity issues.
- Establishing and developing direct working relationships with the key media in the subject headings above.
- Establishing strong relationships with key contacts within the SMMT to align with industry positions in a dynamic, rapidly-changing media environment
- Forging new internal external UK media contacts within in the area of Smart Mobility in order to build awareness of this key new investment, and keep pace with its rapid growth
- Support C&PA leadership in the development of positioning and response paperwork in the rapidly evolving and complex areas of the business such as Brexit, C02/NOx emissions etc
- Maintaining a comprehensive contacts list for all key media categorised by media type, platform and subject matter.
- Establish and develop internal relationships with departments such as HR, Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Land etc. to support corporate affairs activities.
- Development and dissemination of proactive news and feature stories.
- Development of general media materials (press releases, statements, Q&As, etc.) for the corporate affairs team.
- Supporting events and heritage operations managed by the corporate team.
- Ensuring a first-class reactive communication response service to media enquiries.
- Briefing photographers and managing photographic/video shoots supporting corporate communications.
- With the news manager, corporate affairs, maintain a day-to-day working relationship between corporate affairs department in the UK and Germany.
- Responsible for overseeing the Heritage Centre operation, including leading two hourly employees, strategic operation of 100 assets, health and safety responsibility etc.
The Corporate Affairs & Smart Mobility Press Officer should have the following skills or experience:
- Confident and outgoing manner
- Comfortable communicating with external media and senior leadership alike
- Outstanding writing and analysis skills appropriate for print and social media.
- Knowledge of and ability to interact positively with social and web media.
- Interpersonal skills enabling strong relationship building internally and externally.
- General IT skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
- Academic qualifications appropriate to the auto industry and public affairs.
- A driving licence and demonstrated interest in cars and the automotive industry.
- Experience of either PR, Marketing or communications role
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with previous administration experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Brentwood based automotive company will offer you:
- £23.00 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Corporate Affairs & Smart Mobility Press Officer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship