Job title: Cooling Systems Specialist
Salary Range: Up to £24.14 per hour LTD
An opportunity has become available for a Cooling Systems Expert to join a global automotive OEM.
The Cooling Systems team is part of the Power Train Systems Engineering group. The primary purpose of this group is to provide the technical backbone for all Cooling Systems. It provides initial system and component strategy and ongoing support throughout the development cycle. Ensuring robust deployment of technology in support of all vehicle plans.
Role responsibilities to include:
- Liaise with vehicle programme teams to agree targets (quality, function, cost, weight) and define strategy.
- Lead the quality planning activities including component FMEA and Design Rules and Standards- visit supplier sites as required.
- Develop and enhance Design Rules, standards and processes for area of expertise.
- Support benchmarking, design reviews and ongoing product quality improvements.
- Support System Strategy and develop commodity strategy with purchase.
- Work with Research team, Advance engineering teams, Vehicle Packaging and suppliers to develop feasible design assumptions for future Heat Exchangers.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Knowledge of vehicle design and thermal testing.
- Knowledge of cooling systems, ideally in automotive applications.
- Knowledge of electrified powertrains.
- Knowledge of PTSE Component/System design (including plastics) would be beneficial.
- Product Development experience and/or awareness.
- Experience and working knowledge of FMEA processes.
- CAE & CFD experience.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems - WERS, eFDVS, AIMS, RMDV2.
- Current Driving Licence.
Please contact James Tilley for details.