£18.00 - 22.89 per hour
3 months ago
Title: Cooling System Design and Release Engineer
Rate: Up to £22.89 (Inside IR35)
Contract Position based in: Basildon, Essex
- Cooling Systems Engineers are responsible for the design, development & releasing of cooling systems and components, for our ICE, Hybrid and full Battery Electric vehicles and support our next generation passenger and commercial vehicle BEV applications in close collaboration with EPE.
- Lead design and development of PT Cooling systems that meet or exceed Quality, Cost, Weight, and Functional requirements using disciplined Engineering practices.
- Deliver robust cooling system sign-off for GPDS milestones, lead APQP/LRR Quality disciplines, and support prototype / pre-launch builds.
- Extensive experience with the tools of engineering quality (FMEA, 6-Sigma, etc.).
- Green Belt, Black Belt or other similar qualifications desirable.
- Knowledge of Powertrain cooling systems & technologies (preferred but not essential).
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- High level of organisation and administrative ability including project management experience.
- Excellent computer literacy and experience working with standard office IT software and databases.
- GPDS, FEDE, WERS, eFDVS, Integrator, AIMS and others.
- Experience of Engineering Change Management.
- Experience of Global team working and associated tools including audio conferencing, Webex, Sharepoint etc.
- Component engineering and design experience for setting specification and validation.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (vehicle operations, injection mould, brazing), NVH, EMC.
- Candidates will ideally have an analytical knowledge of Thermodynamics and/or Fluid mechanics (as part of a degree).
- Additional knowledge of Materials Science or Mechanics of solids or Failure mechanisms would be beneficial.
- Any practical knowledge would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Cooling system component manufacturing, design or durability requirements is a distinct advantage as well as the ability to complete Performance/Value trade-offs.
- Degree Qualified Engineer
- Candidates will ideally have a Mechanical Engineering degree, with influence of Thermodynamics and/or Fluid mechanics. Additional knowledge of Materials Science and/or failure mechanisms would be beneficial.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.