A Conveyor Technician is required for a leading distributor of electronics, automation and control components. We are looking for a multi-skilled electro-mechanical Technician with experience in preventative, reactive and continuous improvement on conveyor machinery. You will provide Cradle to Grave support, identify opportunities, develop proposals and implement solutions that deliver tangible improvements to operations and the facilities department. You will ensure all work adheres to Health & Safety guidelines, policies, legislation and requirements.
As a Conveyor Technician you will be required to:
- Work closely with the Operations, Facilities and Project teams providing appropriate, quality communications.
- Prioritise own workload, respond quickly to incidents, effectively, repairing or making adjustments to ensure maximum up-time, safety and efficiency of the equipment in more than one location.
- Take ownership of workshop to ensure all of the above is supported e.g. Spares availability, improvements, sourcing items etc.
The Conveyor Technical should have the following skills or experience:
- Recognised trade apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Mechanical experience in a logistics or manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with the pressures associated within a time critical distribution/operational/manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of fault finding and hands-on technical experience and expertise.
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills for the evaluation of logistics and technical issues.
- Ability to build and influence relationships across cultures and across functions.
- Ability to challenge and generate own ideas in a team environment.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of conveyor systems and materials handling industry best practice and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Conveyor Technician role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .