Conveyor Control Technician
£ Negotiable Depend on Experience
- We are currently recruiting for a proactive and driven Facilities Control Technician who will provide a comprehensive maintenance, breakdown and repair service, on a shift basis at our customers site in Corby.
- Within this role you will be accountable for cradle-to-grave support and management of Conveyor Technical issues. You will identify opportunities, develop proposals and implement solutions that deliver tangible improvements to operations and the facilities department.
- You will manage contractors, suppliers and the internal resource, including allocation of work, preparation of the required specifications and ensuring the contractor delivers to the agreed specification. You will ensure all work adheres to H&S guidelines, policies, legislation and requirements.
- The successful candidate will liaise closely with the Operations, Facilities and Project teams and will also have responsibility for coaching, training, mentoring and sharing best practices within the Facilities department.
- A recognised trade apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- PLC experience - preferably Siemens S7.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems.
- Electrical and/or Control experience in a logistics or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working with the pressures associated within a time critical, distribution/operational/manufacturing environment.
- Training and Experience in the operation, fault-finding and repair to; basic electronics, industrial electrical applications, pneumatics and hydraulics, motor/gear boxes, drives, conveyors, tools and equipment.
- Training and Experience of PLC controlled conveyor systems, high bay warehouse applications (Siemens S7 preferred).
- Proven track record of fault finding.
- Hands-on technical experience and expertise.
- Self-Managing person with the ability to plan and manage priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the business.
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills for the evaluation of logistics and technical issues.
- Ability to build relationships across cultures and across functions.
- Demonstrable influencing skills.
- Ability to challenge and generate own ideas in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a professional image and approach at all times.
- Ability to implement and maintain high levels of Health and Safety standards.
- Experience with forklift and order picker trucks and packing machinery.
- Has recognised Health & Safety training / qualification e.g. IOSHH or similar.
- Knowledge of materials handling industry best practice for storage and processing concepts.
- Ability to present facilities options and technical solutions to management teams at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.