Controls Systems Projects Team Leader
Salary £45000 - £55000/annum, Pension, Overtime, Profit Share
Location - Cheshire
A leading engineering company that specialises in Industrial Control Systems. We are considered to be a relaxed and friendly company that values an ethical approach to business that supports a collaborative partnership with our clients.
In order to be successful in the role of Team Leader, you will be able to demonstrate significant experience of delivering projects through the complete cycle from start to finish. Supporting Engineers with their growth and development by direct mentoring. You will be able to show how you have liaised with clients and suppliers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will have the ability to review design and documents for the engineering team as well as being able to carry out site survey's and pre tender discussions with clients
"The ideal candidate will be highly motivated individual who can demonstrate experience delivering control system software projects and working closely with customers. You will take responsibility for both the commercial and technical success of your projects. You will lead and develop your team. You will naturally have an appetite to learn and develop additional skills and new technologies."
Main Responsibilities of a Team Leader:
- Commit to the whole lifecycle of delivering projects, from quoting to completion.
- Be forward thinking to identify when gaps and overloads may exist in the teams work load.
- Lead a team of engineers and, when needed, contractors, sub-contractors and work partners, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks.
- Contract review and negotiation.
- Selection and management of any sub-contractors required for completion of project.
- Identifying and managing any work outside of project scope, ensuring customers' expectations are clearly set out and met.
- Review future project requirements for resources and identifying training and development opportunities for your team.
- Develop engineers in your team, and manage expectations and progression.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Experience managing control system, PLC and SCADA type projects.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Positive, personable and happy team player.
- Contractual awareness would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Sometimes in life we are thrown curve balls, so you must be resilient to overcome adversity and lead your team through these times.
- Think outside the box and push the boundaries.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word, Excel & Outlook.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Controls Systems Projects Team Leader, please contact Ed Burch at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 129.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.