Job title: Controls Software Engineer
Salary Range - £40,000 - £55,000 p.a.
Location: North London
Industry - Chemical
A Controls Software Engineer is required with knowledge of PLC Programming. Candidates with experience of the manufacturing industry would be well received.
Due to demand of the well-established company, a North London based company requires a Controls Software Engineer for a permanent role. As a Controls Software Engineer, you will be required to:
- Support the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment and software
- Support Operations and the Engineering team in fault finding and troubleshooting during breakdowns, support Root Cause Analysis investigations and to support the delivery of Plant Mods and capital projects
- Carry out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
- Take ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
The Controls Software Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have skills in specific control disciplines such as advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). Knowledge and experience with the following: Windows Server 2007, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Active directory, Terminal services and Thin client architecture, MS Licensing
- Experience in network infrastructure, architecture and administration
- Experience in developing, specifying, purchasing, installing & configuring future upgrades
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with the knowledge of PLC Programming to develop your career. In return for your experience, this North London based company will offer you:
- £40,000 - £55,000 p.a.
- Excellent Pension, Free lunches and many more perks
- Career development opportunities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of manufacturing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Controls Software Engineer role, please contact Harry Corper at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268889263.