£40k - 48k per year
3 months ago
Controls Proposals Engineer
My client is looking for a new Controls Proposals Engineer to join their successful business. They are a leading mechanical and plant engineering firm with outstanding expertise in the fields of automation and digitization. This position concentrates on generating estimates and tender documentation in response to customer enquiries containing control systems elements for automated mechanical handling systems. It is suitable for candidates who are experienced in reviewing customer enquiries and discussing solutions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The role of Controls Proposals Engineer will include the following:
- Produce cost estimate using appropriate format, including internal effort plan, expenses, site set-up and external costs
- Produce tender specification / quotation using standard company format
- Ensure suitable equipment specification and selection involving liaison with available technical resource and suppliers as required
- Ensure the provision of technical controls support to ongoing proposal or project
- Ensure suitable liaison with Group companies and suppliers for Technical and pricing information
- Ensure competent preparation of tender documentation, specifications, quotes etc
The suitable candidate for Controls Proposals Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Ability to fully understand and interpret the controls requirements from customers’ specifications
- Ability to liaise closely with internal proposals and engineering teams, customers, equipment manufacturers and suppliers to ensure the correct and relevant control system solution is estimated and proposed
- Ongoing demonstrable attention to detail and generation of accurate estimations
- Extensive experience in automated control systems, extensive knowledge of PLC and automation control system solution design - including hardware design, cabinet manufacturing standards and techniques, software design, functional safety, electrical installation standards and methods, on-site commissioning
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of controls systems and the ability to understand electrical schematics and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Controls Proposals Engineer role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.