Position - Controls Manager
Location - Coventry/Birmingham/Warwick
Salary - Negotiable & flexible depending on experience and demonstrable product knowledge
We have a requirement for a Controls Manager to join our team located in the heart of the West Midlands. As the Controls Manager you will be responsible for the controls department to ensure costs are controlled and project objectives are met within the agreed timescales. You will achieve effective operation and co-ordination of the Controls team and any Sub-Contractors and their activities, to ensure controls projects are adequately resourced. As part of the management team, you will also be responsible for setting the department strategy and contributing to the overall business strategy
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and achieve results.
- Experience and ability to effectively plan and manage Controls engineering resource, both internal and sub-contract, for projects of varying size and scope.
- Experience of Industrial Controls Systems.
- Experience within an automation environment is essential.
- Ideally experience from Automotive, Aerospace, Automation or Robotics related industries,
- Experience of working within both office and site environments.
- You will have a good commercial awareness with experience of customer relationship management, budget management and timing plan control.
- You will be organised, methodical and have strong communication skills at all levels.
- You will be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise and plan workloads and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- You will have a flexible approach and be able to work independently and within a team.
- Although you will be based at our head office you will need to be flexible with regard to travel and working time since projects could take you around both the UK and overseas.
- Coordination and liaison with overseas sister companies will be required.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the Controls Manager vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant at Jonathan Lee Recruitment