Position - Controls Engineer
Location - Buckinghamshire area - High Wycombe/Aylesbury or Bicester area
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 depending on technical knowledge and experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our business located in the Buckinghamshire area. This is an exciting role within a developing and growing business with a reputation as a leading designer and manufacturer of high speed automated machinery. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious controls/software engineer to further their career within a fast-paced environment.
Controls Engineer requirements:
- Deliver control and safety systems which comply with the appropriate national and international standards
- Be responsible for the creation and development of machine electrical and software solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects.
- Programme and commission various robots and PLC systems.
- Test and debug software applications and produce detailed test plans.
- Produce software documentation.
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Be responsible for testing within the factory test and on customer sites.
- Be part of a team dedicated to delivering projects to plan and budget
Key skills and experience:
- HND/Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering machine control system projects to required timescale and budget
- Electrical design understanding and electrical fault finding.
- Experience working with PLC and software applications in Siemens or Allen Bradley (preferably both)
- Experience of automation and production machinery design, ideally with a hands-on approach.
- Ideally have object oriented programming ability.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
- Working on the full project lifecycle of projects - design, development, commissioning, customer training and support
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites both nationally and internationally for commissioning and post commissioning support.
Knowledge & experience of some of the following:
- Robotic systems
- HMI development
- Ethernet devices
- Vision Systems
- Communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Configuration of networks
- Electrical design
- Machine safety standards
- Motion control equipment
To apply for this vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.