A Controls Engineer (Office and Field Based) with experience of programming plc's such as Omron, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley and Siemens to sequence complex automation is required for a Midlands based systems integrator.
The role will combine field based commissioning and office based Control Engineering to sequence complex automated solutions.
The role of Controls Engineer (Office and Field Based) will include the following:
- Work to agreed customer specifications to sequence the machine so it performs as intended.
- Program a range of PLC's and motion controllers such as Omron, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Siemens.
- Integrate robotics (training will be provided if necessary).
- Comply with CE requirements.
- Design Electrical schematic for control panel, plc's and cable routing (desirable but not essential).
- Visit customer sites as part of the service and warranty agreements ensuring minimal downtime, repairing machines, replacing controllers, modifying code and repairing control panels etc.
The suitable candidate for Controls Engineer (Office and Field Based) will need to possess the following experience:
- Experienced Controls/Software Engineer capable of ideally working with Omron and Mitsubishi controllers to sequence a machine from scratch.
- These machines incorporate pneumatic linear slides, rotary tables, conveyors, vision systems and robotics. Experience of sequencing special purpose machinery with this equipment is essential.
- Electrical Design - Desirable but not essential
- Willingness to work in a mix of field based and office environment to either sequence machines from scratch in the office but also visiting customers to get there machine back up and running.
- We anticipate the mix of office based/field based will be in the region of 60:40
This is an exciting role with a blend of in-house and field based control/software engineering. If you have the necessary skills and a keen desire for a more varied opportunity in Control Engineering, then please click on the link to apply for this Controls Engineer (Office and Field Based).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.