£35k - 50k per year + car/car allowance, overtime, pension, healthcare
about 1 month ago
Due to continued growth this leading provider of innovative automation solutions is looking for an experienced Controls Engineer
Salary: Circa £35,000 - £50,000 per annum plus overtime (OTE Up to £70,000 per annum) car/car allowance and benefits
Suitable for: Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Automation Engineer, Software & Commissioning Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, PLC Programmer
Reporting in to the Controls Manager, the Controls Engineer will be focused on the delivery of fully tested and documented control systems on time and within budget
- The CSE will perform the role of Electrical Project Engineer in terms of control system definition, standards, design, specification and concept.
- Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.
- To function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.
- Involvement in system definition.
- Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.
- Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.
- Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers.
- Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
- May be required to provide out of hours (pager) support for installed control systems.
- May be required to provide on the job training for internal and external resources.
- May be required to provide technical support to sales department and assist in the preparation and presentation of sales tenders and proposals.
Background and experience:
- Industrial experience is required with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages – Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell (Allen Bradley).
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Excellent word processing and spread sheet skills.
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit.
- Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (cranes, monorails, etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Mitsubishi, Modicon, etc).
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected international automation business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Controls Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.