Due to significant expansion a leading automation solutions provider are looking to recruit a number of Controls Engineers. You must have significant experience in the design of control systems for factory or machine automation projects
Commutable from: Coventry, Northampton, Welliungborough, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, Solihull, Daventry, Bicester, Rugby, Towcester
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Company Car, Overtime, Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays and Training & Development
Suitable for: Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Software & Commisisoning Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Automation Engineer
To provide complete controls design including electrical design, software design and commissioning within cost and time scale constraints for a material-handling project, whilst ensuring the solution meets the requirements of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
- To interpret design input information to produce control system designs
- Production of completed PLC software for control of a material handling sub system, including safety compliant code for safety portion
- To produce required health and safety documentation including, but not limited to method statements and risk assessments
- To commission controls systems on site and to provide support to system integration commissioning activities
- To provide control system training for the end user
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience working in a similar role, including controls design and commissioning within an automation based industry, ideally within the automated warehouse industry
- Previous use of CAD tools, (AutoCAD, EPLAN)
- Good understanding of PLCs (Siemens or Allen Bradley)
- Good understanding of fieldbus systems and I/O equipment, e.g. Profibus, Profinet, ASi, TCP/IP
- Good understanding of other controls automation related equipment, e.g. Bar code scanners, HMIs, Variable frequency drives
- Working knowledge of relevant standards governing the controls automation industry
- To be conversant with AutoCAD, E-plan, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.