Industry/Sector: Automation & Robotics
A Control Engineer is required for a leading design and manufacturing organisation within the automation and robotics industry. We are looking for a pro-active and driven Control Engineer with experience in machine control systems, control panel, circuit diagrams and software. You will provide Cradle to Grave support, identify opportunities, develop proposals and implement solutions that deliver tangible improvements to projects and products. You will ensure all work adheres to Health & Safety guidelines, policies, legislation and requirements.
As a Conveyor Control Technician, you will be required to:
- Design electrical control systems and circuits in order to achieve overall design functionality of the machine in order to meet the machine build plan.
- Order materials, plan and manage the building of control systems, on time and within budget.
- Commission the electrical installation and associated software and optimise the circuitry and software, so that the machine functions correctly.
- Attend meetings in order to give status reports and support the day to day management of the project plan
- Suggest improved methods to existing and proposed designs
The Controls Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Be innovative and creative
- Recognised trade apprenticeship or equivalent engineering qualifications
- PLC experience - preferably Siemens S7, Omron, Allen Bradley
- Electrical/control experiences in an automation environment.
- Experience of working with the pressures associated within a time critical project-based environment
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of control systems and automated machines and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Controls Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.