Position: Controls Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and level of technical knowledge
Essential: You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This is an exciting role within a developing and growing business with a reputation as a leading designer and manufacturer of high speed automated machinery. Working in a dedicated team of industry professionals you will provide a creative and problem-solving solution to a range of ground breaking projects. Primarily you will assist in the development of specialist bespoke equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious engineer to further their career within a fast-paced environment.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Deliver control and safety systems which comply with the appropriate national and international standards
- Be responsible for the creation and development of machine electrical and software solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects.
- Programme and commission various robots and PLC systems.
- Test and debug software applications and produce detailed test plans
- Produce software documentation
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and team members
- Be responsible for testing within the factory test and on customer sites
- Be part of a team dedicated to delivering projects to plan and budget
What you'll bring to the role:
- HND/Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering machine control system projects to required timescale and budget
- Electrical design understanding and electrical fault finding.
- Experience working with PLC and software applications in Siemens or Allen Bradley.
- Ideally knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- Robotic systems
- HMI development
- Ethernet devices
- Vision Systems
- Communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Configuration of networks
- Electrical design
- Machine safety standards
- Motion control equipment
- Experience of automation and production machinery design, ideally with a hands-on approach.
- Working on the full project lifecycle of projects - design, development, commissioning, customer training and support
To apply for this Controls Engineer opportunity please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.