£50k - 60k per year + benefits
about 2 months ago
Role: Controls Engineer
Salary: £50’000 - £60’000 plus 20% overseas allowance when travelling
Hours: 8.15am – 4.30pm, early finish on Fridays
Responsibilities: Controls Engineer
To provide Controls System development and support of special purpose automated machinery supplied to the worldwide lead acid battery industry.
Job Description: Controls Engineer
- Carry out a range of PLC, HMI and Motion Control programming and modification work.
- Carry out software & hardware configuration of networked control systems with distributed Input Output (IO).
- Carry out the programming and integration of vision systems for inspection & measurement using Cognex or similar products.
- Control system support of prototype, new machine builds and existing equipment in the field.
- Generate and maintain control system software for a range of automated machines.
- Ensure and oversee machine safety to the relevant international standards and practices.
- Prepare support documentation to assist both machine manufacture, testing and customer documentation packages.
- Provide customer support and be prepared to travel on site as required.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements.
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management rules consistently.
- To actively participate in product development and improvement.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for the business.
- Ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to within operations area including ethical policies.
You may also be required to undertake additional tasks or duties from time to time which are reasonably within your capabilities.
Person Specification: Controls Engineer
- Qualified to HNC / HND or equivalent in a Software related discipline preferred
- Proven previous experience of PLC, HMI and motion programming preferably using Rockwell Logix platform (Siemens knowledge is advantageous)
- Knowledge and programming of robotic applications preferred (Yaskawa preferred).
- Knowledge of vision systems preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.
- Positive attitude with ability to work within culturally diverse environments.
- Helpful and supportive approach to resolution of technical challenges
- Receptive and adaptable to change.
- Able to travel internationally to customer sites. Travel is approximately 2-3 weeks in duration for 3-4 times per annum but will vary depending on projects.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.