Do you want to work for one of the most iconic and exciting British Motorcycling brands, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Controls Engineer to join their team in Coventry.
You will have worked in a Controls / Software Engineer role having embedded coding experience and Mathworks tools knowledge - Simulink, Simscape or Matlab coder. You will have worked in an industrial, automotive, military or motorsport industry and will have general engineering and project appreciation. A passion for motorcycles and understanding the fundamentals of how a motorbike works is highly desirable.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive development of electronic systems for Electric Vehicle such as Charger control unit, BMS, DC-DC converter, Motor Controller, Vehicle Controller etc. as per performance / quality / cost/ weight targets and manufacturing requirements.
- Development and integration of software utilising model-based methods (MBSE).
- Layout and packaging of above parts in vehicle DMU considering all aspects of functionality and manufacturability.
- Conduct DR, FMEA (system / design), Functional Safety related tasks and apply all such tools from the architecture phase onwards.
- Define performance and reliability test parameters, test methods etc for electronics hardware
- Keep track of global trends in relevant technology, regulations and develop long term road maps and appropriate work plan.
- Benchmarking and generation of ideas for better performance, quality, cost, weight etc.
- Perform 8D / Root Cause analysis for quality issues using QC tools and countermeasure actions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of automotive EMI/EMC standards, requirements and test methods is a must.
- Proficient in all tools for electronics circuit design - PCB layout / routing, simulation for circuits (Altium / LT Spice), thermal design / EMI / EMC aspects and CAD tools, preferably Unigraphics
- Awareness of test box / fixture design.
- Strong analytical skills and working experience on different analyses such as worst case, Monte Carlo, tolerance stack up, power dissipation, stress etc.
- Exposure to electronics manufacturing and production test facilities.
- Hands on testing / test set-up experience.
B.E. / B Tech in Electronics/Instrumentation, with experience in development of EV specific electronic controllers - Essential.
- Demonstrable experience & knowledge of Electronic Systems
- A passion for motorcycles
- EV / HV experience (or demonstrable knowledge of) - Preferred.
- Mathworks tools - Simulink, Simscape, Embedded/Simulink/Matlab Coder for code deployment.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.