£Neg/Hr (Inside IR35)
A Controls Engineer is required to specify, develop and deliver control systems including specification, requirement capture, design, implementation, simulation, testing and calibration support on vehicle or product. Candidates with experience of CANape / CANoe / CANalyzer would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading technology and engineering services business, based in Wantage, requires a proactive Controls Engineer to be responsible for the specification and development of control strategies satisfying system requirements. As a Controls Engineer you will be required to:
- Deriving software requirements from system requirements and implement them
- Implementation is primarily intended in a Matlab / Simulink environment
- Work closely with the system team to make sure the SW developed meet the feature requirements
- Support ISO26262 process with traceability from requirement to implementation, and support MIL/SIL testing as project requires
- Support HIL rig and system testing
- Individual workload planning to strict deadlines and milestones.
- Working towards generating patentable IP
The Controls Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified, or other equivalent qualification, ideally in an engineering subject
- Experience of mainstream automotive ECU software development
- Expert level user of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and automatic code generation techniques for algorithm development
- Knowledge of Autosar modelling guidelines in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in developing production embedded software following ISO26262 process
- Experience/understanding of test and measurement techniques advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a strong understanding of modelling techniques to be involved in a diverse range of projects. In return for your experience, this Wantage based technology and engineering service business will offer you:
- £Neg/Hr (Inside IR35)
- Initial 12 month contract
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Controls Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Controls Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.