£40k - 45k per year + benefits
Due to expansion a world class provider of automation solutions based in Birmingham are looking to recruit an experienced Controls Engineer. The company provide specialist manufacturing, special purpose machinery, automation and robotics across a whole range of sectors and industries,
Salary: £40-45k plus benefits
Suitable for: Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design electrical control systems and circuits in order achieve the overall design intent (functionality) of the machine in order to meet the machine build plan.
- Create electrical schematics using Engineering Base & AutoCad LT.
- Asses Safety Systems, create Sistema documentation, and undertake lightguard testing and document. Design, write, and install software for safety PLC’s
- Order materials, plan and manage the building of control cabinets (the cabinet build plan), on time, within budget, within the Customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan.
- Plan and organise the hard wiring of machines, integration of cabinets and related electrical components on time, within budget, within the Customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan.
- Practical building of control cabinets and integrating them into machines and systems.
- Design, write, and install PC, PLC, HMI software to machines on time, within the customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan. Common software platforms are Omron, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley and Siemens, but other platforms may also be needed to meet customer specification requirements.
- Design, write, and install Robot Software and interface with the machines on time, within the customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan. Common software platforms are Fanuc and Staubli, but other platforms may also be needed to meet customer specification requirements.
- Design, write, and install Servo Systems, network Communications, and Data Handing to machines on time, within the customers’ specification in order to satisfy the machine build plan. Common platforms are Devicenet, Ethernet IP, Fins, but other platforms may also be needed to meet customer specification requirements.
- Commission the electrical installation and associated software, run up the machine, and optimise the circuitry and software, so that the machine functions correctly.
- Attend meetings as requested in order to give status reports, and to support the day to day management of the project plan.
- Maintain and file all relevant documents and records, update build manuals in order to allow easy retrieval and as part of the ISO 9000 quality system.
- Suggest improved methods to existing and proposed designs. Actively participate (with the Technical Team) in design reviews, control design reviews and design (kaizen) workshops.
- Deputise for the Senior Controls Engineer in his absence including attending meetings, reporting to management and responding to call outs.
- The job will be reviewed by the senior controls engineer six monthly and will include the setting of objectives for the following period.
Background and experience:
• Hold suitable engineering qualifications to degree standard or equivalent.
- Possess several years’ relevant experience, and keep up to date with the latest industry developments.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Be proactive and prepare their own schedule of work.
- Work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be effective at problem solving.
- Be a good communicator with good listening skills.
- Have a pleasant, confident personality and be able to communicate well with colleagues and with customers.
- Have a “can do” attitude, and be self motivated to achieve exceptional results.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.