£45k - 50k per year + benefits
Due to retirement a global manufacturer for the metal forming industry are looking to recruit an experienced Controls Engineer. The company are passionate about achieving success, driving innovation and building rewarding, long-term careers and striving for excellence across all aspects of the business.
Salary: £45-50k plus pension, life insurance, flexible working hours, perkbox, free parking, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Suitable for: Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and program control systems for the operation and integration of new and existing special purpose machinery.
- Produce electrical drawings and schematics to agreed standards and regulatory requirements (e.g. circuit and panel diagrams, quotes, parts lists/BOM’s and safety and CE documentation).
- Develop electrical design specifications and provide specialist knowledge of machinery control systems.
- Provide high quality technical support (particularly fault finding, troubleshooting and diagnostics) for a wide range of special purpose machinery, often at short notice.
- Participate in the design review process.
- Support the department in the scoping, development and integration of emerging technologies.
- Hands on involvement and support of the build, installation and commissioning processes as required.
- Investigate and evaluate new components, concepts, methods and technologies.
- Support the internal maintenance function as and when required.
Background and experience:
Education and Qualification(s)
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline or significant industrial experience with relevant training (e.g. NVQ/HND/BTEC)
- PLC programming using IEC 61131-3 programming languages
- Bosch Rexroth programming (MLC and CLM) and experience programming Mitsubishi & Siemens S7PLC’s would be of particular advantage
- Use of AutoCAD Electrical required, ePlan desirable
- Relevant electronic design experience (ideally with special purpose machinery)
- Good general computer skills inc. MS Office
- Good understanding of the Machineries Directive, in particular CE conformity
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.