£50k per year + Holiday Pay + Pension + Life Assurance + Flexible Working Scheme + Onsite Parking
4 months ago
Up to £50,000
Holiday Pay + Pension + Life Assurance + Flexible Working Scheme + Onsite Parking
Currently recruiting for an Controls Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design and program control systems from a wide range of complex special purpose electromechanical machinery. This role is split form desk based electrical design and practical machine-based support. We are keen to hear from engineers that have worked as a Controls Engineer for a machinery manufacturer.
As a Controls Engineer you will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Design and program control systems for the operation and integration of new and existing special purpose machinery
- Produce electrical drawings and schematics to agreed standards and regulatory requirements
- Develop electrical design specifications and provide specialist knowledge of machinery control systems
- Provide high quality technical support (particularly fault finding, troubleshooting and diagnostics) for a wide range of special purpose machinery
- Participate in the design review process
- Support the department in the scoping, development and integration of emerging technologies
- Hands on involvement and support of the build, installation and commissioning processes as required
- Investigate and evaluate new components, concepts, methods and technologies
The successful Controls Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline or significant industrial experience with relevant training
- PLC programming using IEC 61131-3 programming languages
- Bosch Rexroth programming (MLC and CLM) and experience programming Mitsubishi & Siemens S7 PLC’s would be of particular advantage
- Use of AutoCAD Electrical required, ePlan desirable
- Relevant electronic design experience
- Good understanding of the Machineries Directive, in particular CE conformity
This company is looking for an flexible, self-motived, optimistic engineer to join their team.
In return for your experience this company will offer you a salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience and flexible working hours based on 37.75 hours per week. Along with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension and life assurance.
If you have any questions about this Controls Engineer role or would like to apply, please feel free to contact Zowie Lewis on 01384446121 or 07392114099 quoting reference 55368.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.