£25 - £40 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Controls and Systems Integration Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £40.00 per hour LTD
Location: Peterborough, main base with opportunity to work from home or other sites.
Industry: Off Highway
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Controls and Systems Integration Engineer to support the development of new control approaches and systems integration processes within our clients Energy and Transportation Research team.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as a US based sister team.
The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
Candidates must have:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions.
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
- Have the potential to develop or improve analysis tools.
- Understand requirements of embedded controls models, HiL and Hierarchical Model Interface (HMI) methods.
- Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
- Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
- Be familiar with modelling of complex systems, including at least some of: Physics based differential and difference based systems, empirical modelling, system or parameter identification.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.