Controls and Calibration Engineer - Wrexham - £ 40-50k DOE + Excellent benefits
A Controls and Calibration Engineer is required for a world class, technology business. Reporting to the Principal Controls Development Engineer this vital role will allow the successful applicant to deliver and shape the next generation of vehicle systems.
As Controls and Calibration Engineer - you will be required to
- Create and perform in vehicle and rig based gearbox calibration
- Requirements capture, specification building and development of transmissions control systems for vehicles
- Development of control strategies to maximise shift quality and fuel-efficiency
- Analysis and interpretation of vehicle and rig based data
- Assist with rig and vehicle testing
- Work closely with the mechanical design team to ensure seamless integration of mechanical and control systems
- Liaison with hardware and software suppliers
As Controls and Calibration Engineer- you will have
- A degree level qualification in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Engineering or Mechatronics (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in the calibration of vehicle control systems, eg. Powertrain or chassis.
- Knowledge of Automotive electronics, including sensors, control units (ECU and TCU's) and vehicle diagnostics
- Experience of CAN based vehicle systems and associated tools i.e. CAN analysis software
- Experience of engineering processes eg. FMEA, software development processes, 8D
- Able to plan and organise work schedules to meet deadlines
- Competent and logical problem solving techniques
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
What you will get:
- An excellent salary and benefits package, whilst working on highly-rewarding projects.
- Training, support and career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced Control and Calibration Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or by emailing their CV and covering letter .