£30k - 38k per year + call out, healthcare, pension, 33 days holiday
7 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Controls and Support Engineer to join the newly formed Support and Small Projects Team for our client in Sheffield. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Control, Automation and Safety Systems Integrator with over 20 years engineering competence in the local area. The overview of this new varied and interesting role includes:
- Office based role with site support visits to local companies
- Providing PLC, HMI, SCADA and LV Electrical support for varied client base
- Participation working on control system projects
- Undertake modifications to existing electrical control systems
- On-site control system support when required
- Preparation of quotations for new projects and support contracts
- Participate in company 24/7 on-call rota
- Asist Support Manager with provision of support contracts
- Undertaking of work/support offshore for the oil and gas sector
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolving of control system support issues relating to PLC, HMI, SCADA and Various communications methods via office remote connection or site visit.
- Participating in annual maintenance visits to various local sites to undertake backups and quotation capture.
- Participate in the company 24/7 callout rota. This will be approx.
- Preparation of quotations including upgrades, replacements and enhancements of existing equipment and systems.
- Work on small control system projects full lifecycle from quotation stage through to final commissioning.
- Asist project teams with large control system projects when required.
- Help the Support Manager increase the Small Projects and Support workload by generating further work with existing clients.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using various Rockwell Automation PLC, HMI and SCADA packages predominantly: RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio5000, RSView32 and FactoryTalk.
- Exposure to any Siemens PLC, HMI and SCADA packages would be advantageous.
- Exposure to any Schneider/Modicon PLC, HMI and SCADA packages would be advantageous.
- Strong engineering background with a technical knowledge of Control, Automation and Safety Systems applications, equipment and terminology
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and methodical approach to problem solving
- Commercial awareness and the ability to help build the company support base
- Experience working offshore would be advantageous but training will be provided subject to eligibility and passing medical.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, my client are a leading supplier of Control and Information Technology Systems to a wide range of prestigious multi-national customers.
They deliver a quality engineering service to their clients across a wide range of technologies and applications, and have established an excellent reputation for the implementation of sophisticated Control and Safety Systems.
They focus on high-quality from leading suppliers of:
- PLC and Control Systems
- SCADA and DCS Systems
- Programmable and Hard-Wired Safety Systems
- Motor Control Centres
- Reporting and Tracking Software
- Industry 4.0 Applications.
They offer flexible working arrangements in a relaxed and friendly environment, in spacious modern offices with shower facilities. Car parking and garage use for secure pushbike and motorbike parking.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.