Due to continued growth this global provider of systems and solutions for commercial and defence applications are looking to recruit a Control Systems Software Engineer
Salary: Circa £40,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Process Control Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, PLC Programmer
As a member of the software team, you will be providing software design and development expertise for control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC/SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Implement PLC code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts & Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Background and experience:
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
- Design and integration of PLC control systems.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Specification and analysis of COTS equipment.
- Design and integration of SCADA systems.
- Experience of Siemens TIA Portal & Rockwell Studio5000.
- Understanding of IEC 61131.
- C#/C++ Programming.
- Siemens Step 7 Professional Classic.
- Siemens S7-300/400 programming and integration experience.
- Profibus and Profinet communication protocols and networking standards.
- IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent.
- SIL2 Software Development.
- Understanding of MTBF calculations, FMECAs, reliability block diagrams.
- Experience of C&I Configuration management systems and change control.
- 3+ years control systems design and programming experience.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Software testing and verification.
- Experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector.
- Ship’s machinery and control systems.
Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
- Proactive and shows initiative.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Organised and capable of managing own tasks.
- Problem solver.
Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office products.
British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Junior Control Systems Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.