£35k - 50k per year + benefits
Due to continued growth this global provider of systems and solutions for commercial and defence applications are looking to recruit a Control Systems Software Engineer
Salary: Circa £35,000 - £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Process Control Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC Software Engineer, PLC Programmer
The software team is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department based in New Malden. The team provides software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle.
As a key member of the software team, this role will be to take customer requirements/specifications from concept through to fruition on a maritime platform management system.
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Specify, design and test solutions for PLC/SCADA control systems.
- Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Implement PLC code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts & Pseudo Code.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Background and experience:
Skills & Experience
- Design and integration of PLC control systems.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Siemens Step 7 Professional Classic.
- Siemens S7-300/400 programming and integration experience.
- Profibus and Profinet communication protocols and networking standards.
- Experience of control systems design and programming experience.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work.
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
Please note, for this particular role we can only accept British Passport holders, no dual nationals. In the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected global business
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Control Systems Software Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.