£38k - 45k per year + benefits
about 2 months ago
Due to significant expansion a leading specialist in the manufacture of materials processing equipment and energy from waste power generation is currently recruiting a Control Systems Project Engineer You must have good process control knowledge and be able to deliver control systems projects
Commutable from: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Kettering, Rushden, Peterborough, Corby, St Neots
Salary: £ 38,000 - £ 45,000 p.a. + benefits
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, PLC/SCADA Engineer, Automation Engineer, Project Engineer
You will be part of a small team of cross functional engineering specialists within the Process and Controls Engineering department. The team's overall purpose will be to look at new concepts, introducing new technology to the company, implementing new developments, overseeing new projects and assisting the manufacturing department in Project delivery.
Reporting to the Process & Controls Manager, the Controls Engineer will be a key role and will be accountable for developing Functional Design Specifications, developing PLC / HMI software developments and designing controls systems across a broad range of projects.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Working closely with the senior stakeholders of the business, to provide Controls engineering expertise for a broad range of projects and new product developments.
- Implement upgrades and improvements to existing Controls systems within the on-site Power Plant.
- Implement new software developments for Projects and product developments
- Develop Functional Design Specifications (FDS) for all software developments.
- Develop and implement new Allen Bradley PLC/ HMI designs and modifications to existing ones.
- Knowledge of Wonderware Intouch SCADA
- Work closely with the Process, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering team members
- Provide support for product implementations and commissioning of plant
- Review existing processes and work on upgrades / improvements.
- Display excellent analytical skills, with the ability to specify and implement new innovative Controls systems.
- Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
- Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards.
- Provide regular and up to date reports on progress of projects to senior management.
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Controls Engineer who also possesses a sound electrical and mechanical knowledge, and is familiar with contactor logic, safety relays and inverter drives.
Ideally from a thermal, steam, pressure systems, waste energy or power plant background, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a desire for a hands on role and who can apply their knowledge across a variety of applications.
As important is the ability to be a quick learner and to analysis problems using engineering principals to present relevant ideas and solutions.
A suitable degree in electrical / controls / software engineering would be advantageous, coupled with at least five years' experience in a related field.
A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with all levels within the organisation, and with a strong desire to work within a dynamic team with exposure to a wide variety of projects.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.