Controls and Systems Integration Engineer
£40,096 to £51,586 plus excellent benefits package (Depending on Experience)
Peterborough main base with flexibility (18 sites in UK)
Sponsorship: Not available with this role
Industry: Off Highway
A NEW and EXCITING Controls and Systems Integration Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will support the development of new control approaches and systems integration processes within our clients Energy and Transportation Research team.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will a US based sister team.
The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
In addition to a very competitive benefits package our client will also offer the following to all employees:
- Annual merit salary increase based on individual performance
- Opportunity to request sponsorship for professional membership
- Continuous learning and development
- Long term worldwide career opportunities within an evolving and dynamic engineering department
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
- Understand requirements of embedded controls models, HiL and Hierarchical Model Interface (HMI) methods
- Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
- Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems
- Be familiar with modelling of complex systems, including at least some of: Physics based differential and difference-based systems, empirical modelling, system or parameter identification.
- Be able to define test instructions understanding test bed control, instrumentation and data-logging.
- Be able to lead the build of and validation of electrical systems within test cell and machine systems.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.