Senior Controls Engineer - Peterborough - Perm / Contract - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Senior Controls Engineer is required for a flourishing Engineering, Research and Development team. The successful candidate will contribute to the design and development of innovative powertrain solutions for a range of high-technology and challenging applications.
As Senior Controls Engineer - you will be required to
- Be an exceptional controls engineer, with experience of working in multi discipline engineering teams in the areas of automotive product design, complex systems integration and the use of advanced technologies.
- Demonstrate strong experience and technical knowledge of model development, rapid prototyping and auto-coding, specifically use of the Mathworks toolset.
- Experience of creating, integrating and testing embedded automotive software, using industry standards. ISO 26262 software development is desirable.
- Experience working with a range of communication systems (CAN, Ethernet).
- Experience of HiL/SiL development and prototype vehicle/engine build up and managing issue resolution.
As Senior Controls Engineer- you will have
- A degree in Electronics/Electrical, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Software or Automotive Engineering.
- The ability to anticipate, translate and develop customer requirements into tangible feature developments.
- An understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers).
- Understanding of engine control related aspects of engine subsystems ( eg fuel, air system, after treatment).
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive or off highway sectors in passenger car, commercial vehicle or off highway applications, although other sectors are of interest.
- Able to actively participate in system FMEAs and related validation activities.
Suitably qualified and experienced Control Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .