£50 - 60 per hour
6 months ago
Job title: Control Systems Engineer
Salary Range: £50.00 - £60.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5-hour week
6 month rolling contract working for a leading automation next-generation design and development client.
Two Control Systems Engineers are required with knowledge PLCs, Siemens step 7 and CIL systems, providing software design and development expertise for maritime control and instrumentation systems throughout the product lifecycle.
Candidates with knowledge of Siemens step 7, Siemens S7-300/400, IEC 61131 and CIL systems would be well received.
Due to ongoing new projects this client based in Surrey requires two dynamic, leading Control System Engineers on a 6-month rolling contract basis. As a Control System Engineer, you will be required to:
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
Specify, design and test solutions for PLC/SCADA control systems.
Manage data communications with third party equipment.
- Implement PLC code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts & Pseudo Code.
Validate software designs through analysis and test.
Provide technical oversight of subcontractors.
Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
The Control System Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- British national and citizen (no dual nationality). Able to obtain Security Clearance (SC), UK Eyes Only
- Selection & Specification of COTS equipment.
- Design and integration of SCADA control systems.
- Experience of Siemens TIA Portal & Rockwell Studio5000.
- Understanding of IEC 61131.
- C#/C++ Programming
- Design and integration of PLC control systems.
- Fieldbus configuration and implementation.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Siemens Step 7 Professional Classic.
- Siemens S7-300/400 programming and integration experience.
- IEC 61508 Functional Safety or equivalent.
- SIL2 Software Development.
- Understanding of MTBF calculations, FMECAs, reliability block diagrams.
- Experience of C&I Configuration management
- 3+ years control systems design and programming experience.
- Understanding of commissioning and setting to work
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. C&I engineering, Systems engineering
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Control System Engineering. In return for your experience, this Surrey based automation specialist will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- 37 hour working week with overtime available
- £50.00 - £60.00 per hour
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Control Systems, Siemens step 7, Siemens S7-300/400, IEC 61131 and CIL systems and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Control Systems Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.